KjGlass are committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised shopping experience.
We have published this notice to help you understand
- how and why we collect information from you;
- who we share your information with, why and on what basis; and
- what your rights are.
Should you need to contact us please write to:
Kj Glass, 29 Hope Street, Melbourne, Derby, DE73 8FX
or via firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Privacy Enquiry.
This privacy notice was last updated on 30th June 2019.
What information we collect when you register and why?
When you buy goods from Kj Glass, you are entering into a contract with us. You have the option to set up an account before ordering from us and so we can set this up we will ask you to provide some personal information such as:
- full name
- contact numbers, and
- email address.
How do we use your information?
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. in order to send you your products.
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. for storing your details.
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
Who we share your information with and why?
In order for you to receive your goods, KjGlass works with a number of delivery partners. However, we only pass limited information to them in order to ensure delivery of your items.
KjGlass works with business who support our website and other business systems.
KjGlass works with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments.
Keeping in touch with you
We want to keep you up to date with information about new ranges, special offers and improvements to our website. When you set your account up, we will ask you if you want to receive this type of marketing information.
Kj Glass will not share your information with companies outside of Kj Glass for their marketing purposes.
If you decide you do not want to receive this marketing information you can request that we stop by writing to email@example.com
This notice is designed to help you understand what cookies are, how we use them and the choices you have regarding their use.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other device when you visit the Site, this allows the Site to recognise you as a user either for the duration of your visit (using a ‘session cookie’) or for repeat visits ( a ‘persistent cookie’). They are not harmful and do not contain any information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
- They enable you to transact whilst other non-essential cookies enable us to give you and enhanced, personalised web experience and determine relevant products to show you.
- To personalise and improve your customer experience.
- To allow you to securely sign in to your account, so that you can use “My Account” features such as order information, making payments and viewing statements.
- To recognise the device that you are using.
- To store the content of your online shopping bag whilst you browse the site and to complete an order.
- To record the areas of the Site that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased.
- For re-marketing purposes to determine relevant related products to show you when you’re browsing on other selected websites. These cookies can be associated with services provided by a third party such as an advertising network.
Cookies are an essential part of how our Site works, as they remember certain information about a visitor.
Can I turn off cookies?
To change your cookie settings, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer hard drive.
For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the “Help” tab of your browser via the menu bar.
Website visitors who don’t want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser. Learn more about the opt-out and how to properly install the browser add-on here.
Visitors can also opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings
This Cookie Notice was last updated on 22nd December 2018 and further changes will be communicated by updating this notice.